Mark R.W. Bellermann, Ph.D. is a Principal of Brake Hughes Bellermann LLP. Dr. Bellermann’s practice emphasizes preparation and prosecution of patent applications, preparation of opinions regarding the infringement, validity, and value of patents, and general client counseling on intellectual property matters. Dr. Bellermann has special expertise in computer hardware and software, electronics, electrical equipment, optics, lasers, medical devices, telecommunications, semiconductor devices, and physics.
Prior to joining Brake Hughes Bellermann LLP, Dr. Bellermann worked as an associate and law clerk at Fish & Richardson PC for seven years, where he drafted and prosecuted patent applications in a variety of technology areas, performed due diligence analyses of patent portfolios, and litigated patent infringement cases before U.S. District Courts and before the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Dr. Bellermann served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Timothy B. Dyk at the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit from 2001 to 2002.
• Columbia Law School, J.D., 2000
• State University of New York at Stony Brook, Ph.D., Atomic Physics, 1995
• Yale University, B.A., Physics, 1987
Bar and Court Admissions:
• District of Columbia, New York, Massachusetts
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
• Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
• Co-author of numerous peer-reviewed journal articles
• Proficient in German